Friday, July 14, 2023

July 13th, a slew of Seward reds, seeing Matt off, and a canoe

 right now I'm driving back to Seward Alaska looking at the giant mountains and lakes with ice on them where the Sun never realy sets.  Today in Seward we caught nine salmon reds by snagging and they put in an executive order doubling everyone's limit in our area :-). it's strange that snagging is legal here, but you can't believe how hard a salmon pulls after being hooked that way!





   I just put Matt back on a plane to home loaded up with 150 lb of Frozen fish!  it's sad to see Matt's trip in, but he had a great time and we finished out with a wonderful morning of catching salmon.   We need to have a halibut fish fry when we get back because luck has defi turned our way.  

I also finally got to make use of the canoe I gave to a Boy Scout troop in Anch a long 6 years ago in case I ever needed a canoe again in Anchorage.  Today is that day!  As a matter of fact I was even able to upgrade to a lightweight Kevlar canoe to use on our canoeing high adventure along a chain of lakes starting with swan lake near Sterling.  While I was in Anchorage I went ahead and made a menu and purchase our food because the canoe trip happens as soon as we leave Seward.  I'm hoping it's another grand Monson adventure,  but in a good way! :-)

we had a great visit of exit glacier our last morning in Seward.  easiest most rewarding I could do in the area IMO




No comments:

Post a Comment