Friday, June 30, 2023

Gakona Day 2

 Because the reds are in, and because there isnt much else to do in Gakona....

I (shane) went back to Copper Center and fished the Klutina for reds.  I probably fished 6-7 hours today and hooked 2 fish, landing one.  I did get to meet a nice couple from Georgia today.  Deanna mostly sat in the car, or on a cooler, watching me fish. Less fun for her. 

We had another 1/3 of that first red again for dinner tonight and it was easily just as good as last nights meal. 

Tomorrow, we move to a "glamping" tent in Glacier View.  I'm quite doubtful the tent will have 110V or wifi, so dont expect much of an update until we get to Talkeetna on 7/3. I'm very hopeful that Deanna will write the Glacier View, AK glamping tent update for yall. :)  I get to sleep a couple weeks per year in tents like this, but this will be a first for her. 

Erik and Lilly are trekking across Saskatchewan right now and report no vehicle issues as of yet. 

Looking forward to seeing them + the kids on 7/6. 

- shane

No comments:

Post a Comment