Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day Revelation

ongoing talk and harassment of elders finally hit it's tipping point this weekend.  My uncle "B" who I love spending time with finally broke down and made flight reservations.  Better yet, he goaded my dad into joining him. :) WAHOO!   'bout danged time!

They are booked to fly into Anchorage on July 20th, and they depart back for TX on the 24th.  That leaves them a short ~3.5 days to see Alaska, but they will certainly be action packed days. 

Early read on itinerary will be for a guided silver (coho) salmon trip on the 21st. Likely a mild hike on the 22nd, then a guided halibut/silver trip on the 23rd.  They don't leave til late on the 24th, so they'll get to see the Seward highway in the daytime before flying home.  I can't tell yall how pumped I am about this. (although, I guess I just did....)  They will see a tiny fraction of Alaska, but they'll check it off their bucket list, and might decide they want to check it again someday. :)

Yes, it's a helluvalot of money just to catch some fish, but is that what life is about?  the having of money, or the catching of fish? even beholding the majesty offered along the Seward Highway? Nay.  I say life is about spending time with those you love. Glad to see Pop and "B" are coming so I can do just that. 

An already blessed life just got a little better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment